Friday, August 8, 2014

Enjoy the Day

Hello Stamping Friends,

What a beautiful day it is. Sun is shining, a cool breeze is rustling the leaves on the trees, so go out and enjoy this gorgeous day. Jonah and I are headed to Great Adventure with one of my demonstrator friends today. Yes, I would not have known Dawn if it wasn't for Stampin' Up! I love all the friendships I have formed with people across the country all because of stamps. It's amazing what a couple of stamps can do for you. Call me to chat anytime you have questions about doing what I'm doing. You won't regret it. It's been a fabulous 13 years for me as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.

Are you ready for this week's Sister in Stamping challenge?  This week we did a color challenge that Karla found. Let me preface it with saying we substituted Summer Starfruit with Hello Honey because Summer Starfruit is no longer available. Why don't you play along with us and use the colors to create your work of art. The color challenge is shown below.

 
The moment you have been waiting for. My card. (lol, as if it was that big of a deal) I decided to do something I rarely do,play with my aqua painters and do a color wash using three of the colors and stamping in the darkest color (Early Espresso).
 
 
 I have to say, I really like the look of this completed card. It is a clean, quick, and simple card to recreate many of. This card is great for a sympathy card, masculine card, or just a simple, I'm thinking of you card. It really can cover a lot of ground.

 
I started by squeezing the each of the pad lids onto the pads while closed. This got some ink in the lid for me to use to do the color wash. I then began at the bottom of the watercolor paper with the Hello Honey ink, moved onto the Tempting Turquoise and finished with the Island Indigo. I set it aside to let it dry before stamping the tree line from Lovely As a Tree over the top of the wash with Early Espresso ink.
 
Then I stamped the Thinking of You from For You in Island Indigo onto whisper white cardstock that was cut to layer on top of the whisper white card base. The focal point is layered onto Early Espress cardstock and attached to the card using dimensionals (my favorite). See it really is that easy.
 
Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping to see more ideas using this fun color challenge. Share your creations using this color challenge in the comments.
 

Product List
103954s
[103954]
$16.95

No comments:

Post a Comment