Saturday, May 3, 2014

And another oops, but only a day late......

Hello Stamping Friends,

Here's is yesterday's Sisters in Stamping challenge project. I went to school knowing it was Friday (yippee!) but totally forgetting that it was Friday. Know what I mean? I mean, I was excited it was Friday and that I had two days off but forgot it was Friday and that I needed to get my post done for Sisters in Stamping. Confusing, I know but it is was happened. Didn't even realize it until just before bed. I hope to be back on track next week. (It's my goal, lol)

Anyway, this week we were challenged to make a Mother's Day project. I'm sharing with you a card that I saw somewhere (but I did change up the colors to make it my own, lol)  It's such a pretty card. I just wish I had my mom to give it too. I must admit, I really don't even think of making Mother's Day cards because I don't have a use for them, they just pile up. It's a difficult day for me for the past 20 years. The first Mother's Day without my mom was also my college graduation. Talk about a difficult day. Hmmm, maybe I should just send them to some Mom's that I know that would certainly appreciate them.


Anyway, here is the beautiful card. Honestly, just change the greeting out and you can use this card for a variety of occasions (wedding, birthday, anniversary, shower).

To make the flowers:
1. punch 5 of the 1 3/4" scallop circles and 5 of the 1 1/4" scallop circles.
2. Punch a 1/16" hole in the center of each circle.
3. Spritz each circle with some water and scrunch and crinkle them up (take all your daily frustrations out on that paper, lol).
4. Open each paper back up and layer them one by one on a brad. When all 5 of one size is on one brad, flatten the brad to secure. (You'll do this 2x to make both the small and larger flower)
5. Starting with the top layer fold the paper and scrunch it around the brad, then bring up the second layer around the first layer. Continue doing this until you do it to all five layers on each flower. Finally, shape the flower to the design you want it.
6. Let it dry, the flower will keep it's shape even after the paper dries. Attach the flower with a dimensional to the card.

Also, you will want to cut the lattice piece in half to put it on the card. It doesn't matter which way you cut it because it's a square, so it will be even anyway you decide to cut.

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more Mother's Day project ideas.

Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Delightful Dozen
Ink: Stampin' Write Markers: Basic Black and Primrose Petals
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals & Gumball Green
Accessories: Big Shot, Lattice Die, Extra Large Oval Punch, Decorative Label Punch, 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, 1 1/4" scallop circle punch, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Paper Snips

No comments:

Post a Comment