Friday, April 12, 2013

Pinterst Inspired...

Hello Stamping Friends,

Today at Sisters in Stamping we are focusing on pinterest inspired projects.  I'm sure you all know what Pinterest is and if you don't be sure to head over there after you check out this weeks Fabulous Friday projects.  Basically, I believe Pinterest is the ultimate in electronic hoarding.  You pin all these fabulous ideas (from home décor and cleaning tips to style to crafts to food and everything and anything in between) for you to refer back to later.  I have gotten (and actually used) many of the great ideas that I have "pinned." Today's idea is using fabric. I think I kind of hoard pretty fabric too. Once I get it, I don't want to cut it for fear it won't be "pretty" anymore. Crazy, I know, but it is what it is. (LOL)

 
So today's project also uses my big favorite thing from Stampin' Up!................ the Big Shot.  I use it whenever I can.  This adorable little scissor pouch was made using the petal cone die. (And here's the biggest bonus of all with this project...........................no (yes, I repeat, NO) sewing involved.  Isn't that just the best thing ever?  I used Stampin' Up!'s fabric adhesive to bond the two different fabrics together and then to also keep it sealed closed into the cone shape.  I even put a little of the fabric adhesive under the front flap to keep it in place.

 
I finished it off with some pretty ribbon and a AWESOME fork bow.  Isn't it the perfect touch?  Then I decided to make a cute little charm for my scissors using the fun bottle caps found in the Spring Catalog.  I know it's not easy to see but I stamped a ladybug on cardstock and punched it out. I then filled in the entire bottle cap with crystal effects to seal in the cardstock. I then punched a hole (using our retired crop-a-dile) in the side of the bottle cap and placed a ball and chain through to hang from my scissor handle.
 
Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping to see what Pinterest inspired projects we have to share.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps:
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Cardstock: Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Petal Cone Die, White Satin Ribbon, Fabric Adhesive Sheet, Bottle Cap, Crystal Effects, 1/2" circle punch
Non- Stampin' Up! Items: Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks (for ribbon), retired crop-a-dile, ball and chain


No comments:

Post a Comment