Sunday, March 24, 2013

Fabulous Friday ( A little late)

Hello Stamping Friends,

(Yes, I know today is not Friday, but I didn't get a chance to post this for Friday, so I decided it's better late than never.  Besides I think this card turned out so cute that I couldn't keep it all to myself. It must be shared with all of you.)

This week at Sisters in Stamping we were to make a card that moved.  There are so many great movement cards out there. The card I finally decided on (it was difficult to choose) was a waterfall card. They are so fun for kids to receive, so I went with a little boy theme as well. I hope you enjoy it.

 
What little boy doesn't love a space theme? I know my Jonah loves all things space. His room is even done with a space theme with a wall with glow in the dark "stars."  I think this blast off stamp set is so fun.  I used the coordinating wheel in whisper white ink for the background.  Looks pretty cool already, but keep reading because you are going to love what this card does.


Okay, see those model fingers?  lol  Not at all but anyway, you pull on the bottom of the lucky limeade cardstock (as shown) and the images create a waterfall look.  The key is scoring the limeade piece (you cut the limeade to be 1 1/2" by 8 1/2" and then score at 4 1/2", 5 1/2", 6 1/2" and 7 1/2", you place the stamped images on each of the 1" score spaces and attach the bottom 1" space onto the daffodil delight strip of cardstock).  If you want book a workshop and I will come and make this for you and all your guests can make it as well.

 
And here it is pulled down all the way.  Pretty neat, right?

 
And I wanted to use the little space guy but he was to big for the outside squares (white cardstock is 1 1/2" squares) so I decided to place a piece of white cardstock on the inside and stamp him and the countdown to blast off image.
 
Don't forget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping blog to see the other movement cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment