Sunday, December 2, 2012

Another Frosty Cards for You

Hello Stamping Friends,

I'm back with yet another Christmas card for you.  This is card number two from last week's Stamp a Stash class. All cards were made with snowmen or snowflakes so they were wonderful Christmas cards but they can easily be changed into a winter thank you, birthday, or thinking of you type card by simply changing the greeting because snowmen and snowflakes are great all winter long (well, by February they aren't so great anymore if you live in the Northeast, by then you are pretty well finished with them).

 
I just loved the Stylin' Snowfolk set when I saw the new catalog that I just had to have it. I love snowmen, and a set that I can create a lot of different looking snowmen ans snowwomen was just going to be a have to have kind of set.  Well, I got it awhile ago and this is the first time it saw some ink and paper.  Now that I finally pulled it out, I NEED to create even more with it. You will be seeing more snow people in your future, I promise.
 
When I was thinking about the design of this card, I wanted black and white but I was a little afraid it wouldn't look right. But I wanted white snowflakes on the black so I decided to forge ahead with it anyway. And I must admit that I really love how this card turned out. I think it is my favorite from stash. I was afraid it would be too "dark" looking but I think it turned out looking great.  The little pop of red with the buttons and scarf and the orange carrot nose is the perfect pop.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Stylin' Snowfolk
Ink: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Early Espresso, and Tangering Tango
Cardstock: Whisper White & Basic Black
Accessories: Paper Snips, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive


No comments:

Post a Comment