Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Love Making Homemade Ornaments

Hello Stamping Friends,

Here in Northeast PA we are seeing some great (okay, not so great) winter weather. We got a few inches of snow yesterday.  Guess it's time to get those darn, loud snow tires on my car.  Took one of my son's friends home from volleyball conditioning and go stuck in his driveway. He has a super long driveway (probably 1/2 - 3/4 mile) and there is a hill just before the house and yep, I couldn't get up it. That pretty much tells me, it's time.  I put off getting them on as long as I can even though my Dad has been telling me for a month now to get them on. Suppose it's time to call Dad and ask him to take it. Maybe I can wait until December 1st, we're not expecting any more snow this week. (Yep, the ultimate procrastinator in snow tire dept).

Anyway, enough about that. Here's an ornament I made using the ornament on the front of the Holiday catalog as inspiration.  I decided I DID NOT want to make one in the traditional red and green Christmas colors. I went with my favorite snowflake colors, blue and purple.  I used Pool Party & Wisteria Wonder.  What do you think?

 
I also changed it up from the one on the front of the catalog by adding a glimmering snowflake to the center, instead of a lolli. I love, love, love the cool colors (I don't not love, love, love the cool weather though, please don't make that mistake, lol) I love making ornaments though.  I have been holding an ornament exchange party at my home for about 15 years.  Everyone needs to make homemade ornaments and they bring one for everyone and they in return get one of everyone's. It's so much fun. So, of course, I needed to make one of these beauties. That and a whole group of people kept asking me to make them at their club gathering.
 
 
Here's a little closer view of the ornament. I must admit these ornaments are very time consuming to make. They are difficult just take a lot of time.  I wouldn't make a 100 of them.  Maybe 25, haha.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party
Cardstock: Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper, Pool party, 2011-2013 In-Color Paper Stack
Accessories: 2 1/2" circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Big Shot, Holiday Ornament Framelits, Snow Flurry die, snail adhesive, multipurpose adhesive glue, silicone craft sheet, wisteria wonder baker's twine
Non-Stampin' Up items: hot glue gun, glue sticks, tulle netting


No comments:

Post a Comment