Monday, August 27, 2012

Another First Day is Underway

Hello Stamping Friends,

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.  We did here in the Yurkanin household. The boys were thrilled to end their summer vacation at the StreetLeague Skateboarding finals in Newark, New Jersey. I do think that is a new end of summer tradition. Noah & Don went last year and this year Jonah was able to go too.  He was soooo excited. It's all he talked about last week. 

With that said, today was a back to school grind kind of morning. Yep, it was the first day of school. I can safely tell you that none of us were too excited about it. We don't like the early mornings. We, as a family, don't do mornings. LOL I just hope Noah and Jonah had an excellant first day of school.  I'm eagerly waiting for them to come home to hear all about it.

 
Here is my big Sophomore in high school. I simply don't know how in the world that happened.  All Noah keeps telling me is that in 8 short months he can start driving. YIKES!!!!!!! This mother is NOT ready for her little boy to be all grown up.  Help, how can I stop this????????

 
And here is my big 3rd grader. Again, how in the world is this happening. Wasn't it just yesterday I was bringing baby Jonah home just in time for Christmas?
 
NOTE:  Did you notice the looks on both boys faces?  Don't they look absolutely thrilled about school?  Or maybe it's just that Mom makes them take these silly pictures. Nah, I really think it's the morning thing. Told you we don't do mornings.
 
Now onto some creative inspiration.  This is a card that I made using the Daydream Medallions stamp set. It was oneof six projects that I needed to make for the convention display boards using this set.  I really love how this card turned out. Pink, black & White are always great together. What do you think?

 
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Daydream Medallion
Ink: Basic Black & Primrose Petals
Cardstock: Whisper White & Basic Black
Accessories: Primrose Petals stitched Satin Ribbon, Dahlias, Flowers Frames Framelits, Delicate Designs Embossing Folders, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive & A new pencil eraser for the centers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment