Friday, August 19, 2011

Back to School, Already??????

I can't believe it's almost back to school time here in PA.  Seems like the kids just got out of school and just started having some good 'ole fashioned summer fun and now here it is one week before school goes back.  This week at Sisters in Stamping we are focusing on Back to School.  I had so many different ideas swirling in my head and this wasn't one of them but it's what I ended up with.  Funny how that works sometimes, isn't it?

Anyway, I decided to make a scrapbook page for those ever famous back to school pictures that I always take on the first morning back.  And yes, some years pictures aren't even on pages yet.  Figured if I made it now, I will have it ready for the pictures.  It's pictureless because school doesn't begin until August 29.


I used the Designer Series Paper pack, Just Add Cake. Honestly I think the name of this paper is deceiving, to me it should be something with a school theme.  Afterall, what does cake have to do with lined loose leaf paper, letters and numbers?  Anyway, I digress!  I cut the lined sheet of paper to 8 1/2 x 11 and punched some holes along the side of the paper using the circle punch from the itty bitty shapes trio pack of punches. 

The base of this page is daffodil delight and the mats for the pictures are wild wasabi.


See those cute tiny little red apples?  (Perfect for a school page, right?)  They are cut out of a sheet of Designer Series paper from the Berry Blossoms pack.  For the "ruffled" ribbon, I pulled a string from the center of the cut marina mist ribbon to "scrunch" it up nicely.  It's attached with sticky strip.  (I love that stuff.)


At the far left side of the ribbon, I left it straight (didn't pull the string all the way) and added some daffodil delight buttons (hear me say that, Debbie???)  I really like how this page turned out.  It's not too "kiddish" for my freshman in high school (can't believe he's that old) and not to "grown up" for my second grader.

I even journaled on this page already (now that's seriously impressive if you know me).  I used the journaling marker for their names and the Stampin' Write Basic Black marker to write the rest because it is a much finer tip.

So now all I need to do is take those pictures on the first day, print them out, and attach them to this page.

If you like the Designer Series Paper I used, don't forget for the rest of this month, it is Buy 3 Get 1 Free.  You can place your order online through my website or you can email me.

Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to head over to the Sisters In Stamping blog for more great Back to School ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment