Friday, July 1, 2011

The time has finally come!

At long last it's here.  The new 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog.  I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself.  It's a great new catalog packed full of wonderful ideas, awesome new stamps for every stamping style, and fun new accessories to make your projects even better.

If you don't have your copy of the new catalog, contact me so you can get one.  You won't want to wait too long for this great book.  Come by the Sleep Inn in Dunmore next Friday, July 8 from 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM to get your own copy and to make a few projects using some of the new items.  Plus there will be plenty of retired stamps and accessories you can purchase for a discounted price. Let me know if you are interested.

Today at Sisters in Stamping we are having fun playing with one of the new punches,Lace Ribbon Border.  All of our projects feature this punch in some way.


I choose to work with one of the new in-colors, Wisteria Wonder.  A great light purple that many of you have missed since the Color Renovation last year.    It's a pretty color and I know I'm going to love making many, many more projects to come with it.


This card has a little different fold to it.  It's still the same 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock that you usually begin with, but instead of folding it in half.  This is scored at 2 1/8" on each end so it opens in the middle.


For the center focal point on this card, I used the Delicate Doilies stamp set. I LOVE this set. It's so pretty and delicate (guess that's why it's called Delicate Doilies, lol). I stamped them using the Wisteria Wonder ink on either whisper white or wisteria wonder cardstock and punched them out using the 2 1/2", 1 3/4" and 1 1/4" circle punches.  I wanted all of my layers to be round.  However, the smallest layer could be punched using the doily triple layer punch.  I'm thinking you would have to punch first and then stamp, so the clear mount would have to be my set of choice for that method.


I also used the Specialty Designer Series Paper, Flirtatious.  It's so much fun.  This card was a really quick card to put together and would be wonderful to use if you needed to make a bunch of cards in a short amount of time.

Okay, gotta run, I need to drool over that new catalog a little more.  Remember, want one of your own, contact me. Also don't forget to check out the Sisters in Stamping blog for more ideas using this Lace Ribbon Border punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment