Friday, November 19, 2010

Gettin' ready for Christmas, one ornament at a time

I'm so excited about today's Fabulous Friday challenge.  I've been looking forward to it for some time.  Those of you that know me, know I love ornaments.  So much so that I have had an ornament exchange for years now.  So when it was decided that ornaments were the thing for Sisters in Stamping this week, I was pumped.


Here's a close-up view of the full ornament.  I attached some designer series paper to Stampin' Up!'s chipboard using the Tombo mono multi adhesive (aka green glue).  I then used the snowflake die and the Big Shot to cut it out.  Once it was cut out I covered it with Crystal Effects and sprinkled some dazzling diamonds on it.


Here's a full shot of it hanging on an easel.  I used the retired silver elastic cording as the hanger for this ornament.  Next picture is a close up of the middle of the snowflake.


I used the cardinal from the Holiday Jingo Bits set.  It is stamped, cut out and attached with a dimensional. It is attached to a 1 3/8" circle  that is backed with a piece of an adhesive sheet.  I also used the silver waffle paper and that is attached to the back of the circle punch.  The silver glass glitter "needed" to be added to the outside of the circle.  The finishing touch is a very vanilla bow made with a fork.  Perfect bow every time.

Don't forget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping site for more ornament ideas.

Off to get ready for the Christmas card crop tonight.  If you attend this event, you will get to make one of these ornaments.  Contact me if you are interested.

Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment