Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Here it is, the card for my Workshop Wow

Saturday was such a great day.  I went to the Stampin' Up! regional seminar in Baltimore, Maryland.  I was lucky enough to have 5 of my downline members join me.  Three of them attended their very first Stampin' Up! event.  It was so exciting to watch them take it all in. Plus it was great because I had a cheering section for my Workshop Wow presentation.


Here I am with Bonnie Thurber from Stampin' Up!'s home office.  I met Bonnie a few years ago on the way to Manager's Reception at a Leadership Conference.  She is such a sweet lady and friend.  I was lucky enough to have Bonnie introduce me to the stage and she was there at the end to give me a hug. Made the whole presentation thing that much sweeter.


Here is the much anticipated Workshop Wow card.  In real life, it just sparkles and sparkles.  Hard to catch all the beauty in a picture.  Guess you'll have to book a workshop to see it or make one of your own. ; - )

The card uses sticky pages cut with the leaves die by running it through the Big Shot.  Once all the leaves were on the cardstock, I used a hobby blade to cut the orange plastic on the sticky pages to enable me to use multiple colors of glitter without making a huge mess.  I peeled one section of the orange backing at a time and "carefully dumped" the glitter on top of the cardstock.  Then you need to "dump" the glitter into the powder pal and "flick" off all remaining glitter.  (Those are the technical terms, dump and flick).

To finish off the card, I used the Falling Leaves set to fill in the excess bare spots on the cardstock.  I attached a gold brad in each corner and attached it to the card using nothing else but dimensionals.

I will share more of the projects with you tomorrow, so be sure to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment