Friday, June 18, 2010

Going green.....

Welcome to another Fabulous Friday. This week the Sisters are focusing on Retiring Accessories. Many items on the list are going fast so you will want to order your favorites today. Check out the Last Chance Accessories HERE.  You'll also want to check out the Last Chance Stamp list HERE. Remember is less than 2 weeks left to get these items before they are gone forever.



I looked at the list to pick out products that I wanted to use. I set out to use the Flower Fusion flowers (I'm gonna miss these little beauties), Sticky Cut letters, and the Green Bead Duo.  So then I had to decide what I was going to make using these items. (I must admit, these three things are some of my most favorite and fun to use.)  So up to the stamp room I went and I found this little magnetic memo board waiting to be spruced up.



From plain and boring to bright and fun.  I used the sticky letters to spell out the word notes. I then carefully "dumped" the seed beads onto each letter. Shook off the excess and used the tiny, tiny green micro beads to fill in the open spots the seed beads didn't cover on the sticky letter. 

Here's a close up of the letter "n" so you can see better what I'm talking about.



Then I covered the magnets with felt flower fusion flowers that are held together with an Earth Element Brad.  The flower is attached to the magnet using a pop up glue dot. Here's a close up of one of the finished flowers.


So in total I used 5 different retiring accessories on my memo board: flower fusion, earth element brads, pop-up glue dots, sticky cut letters, and green bead duo.  I hope you enjoy the project and it inspires you to make one of your own. Can never have enough organizational tools and places to put notes.

Don't forget to hop on over to Sisters in Stamping to see what accessories from the Last Chance List the other sisters have used.

No comments:

Post a Comment