Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday, Already???

I simply don't know where the time goes. I must be having a ton of fun. You know, "time flies when you're having fun?"  Just sad that I can't remember all these great times. LOL  Anyway, it is Friday, again. So that means a Fabulous Friday posting for you.  This week's challenge for Sisters in Stamping was flowers. You know, May Flowers?  So I sat back and was thinking what do I want to do for this challenge. And it came to me rather quickly because I have been making tons of these flowers the past few weeks. I even went in to Jonah's kindergarten class yesterday and they made these flowers too. So it was only natural to continue in my current ways.


So what do you think of my Spring flowers?  I have been using the Flower Layers #3 Originals Die so much lately. I definitely got my money's worth out of it.  Here's what I do: I cut chipboard and Designer Series Paper to the size of the die. I then glue the paper using the "green" glue (Tombo Multi Adhesive) to the chipboard. Wait a bit for the glue to dry and then run that through my Big Shot. (Thank you Stampin' Up! for the Big Shot. I love mine.)

Then I attach a small flower to a larger flower (in most cases) using the "green" glue. I then punch circles using the 1" and the 3/4" circle punches and layer those onto the flower. Then I add one of the little centers that pop out when you die cut them to finish off the flower.  Once I have that all together, I go over the whole flower with crystal effects. Now remember, no heat setting the crystal effects so you need to be patient and not touch your flower for several hours. Trust me: Don't be tempted either because you will leave your "print" on the flower. (Your fingerprint, that is)  Once that is finished you can attach a magnet to the back, a pin, or you can attach it directly to something else, like the clipboard. See Below.


For this cute desk ensemble, I attached magnets to the small flowers and then stuck them to cute little jars. You can fill the jars with rubber bands, paper clips, mints, coins, or whatever else you can fit in there.


The large flower sitting in front of the clipboard is a magnet as well. Make several of these to keep all your special notes all in one spot.  Remember the small flower on the jar is also a magnet so you can use that on a magnet board as well.  Hope you have enjoyed my projects this week. They are fun, easy and pretty quick to make. Have fun making your own.

Remember to stop by the Sisters in Stamping blog to see the projects the other sisters created using flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment