Friday, April 20, 2018

Sisters in Stamping are Flying Home with Retiring Stamps


Hello Stamping Friends,

It's Friday and that means another week with the Sisters in Stamping. Be sure to head over there to see all the inspiration this week. We've got five projects to share with you. You're going to love them.

This week our theme was to use something retiring from the Occasions mini catalog. There are so many great things in there that I will be using over the next few weeks before they are gone forever. But for today, I chose to use the Flying Home stamp set. I love the images in this set. I love the nest with the babies and mama. I also love the image that I used on this card because it screams scream time to me. (Something we are lacking here in NE Pennsylvania)


So for the background of this card, I started with always artichoke cardstock (it's retiring, get it quick) and then I inked up petal burst embossing folder with island indigo ink (also retiring) and ran it through the big shot. Then I used Stampin' Blends (I know, you are excitedly waiting for these to be able to be ordered again, hang on, soon). For the edges of the white cardstock, I just slightly brushed it along the edge of the island indigo ink to soften the look slightly.

Don't forget to check out the other projects the Sisters in Stamping have to share with you this week. If you want to order anything used on these projects, contact your demonstrator. If you don't have one, contact me, I'd be happy to help you out.

Thanks for stopping by. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment