Friday, November 4, 2016

Just Take a Sip

Hello Stamping Friends,

Happy Friday to you. I'm so excited, I am headed down to Seacucus, New Jersey today for Stampin' Up! On Stage Local event that is tonight and tomorrow. I am also presenting at the event tomorrow so say a little prayer for me that all goes well and I don't flub it up too much. I'm not nervous yet, but who knows what tomorrow will bring. I will eventually share with you what my presentation is on but for now, it's under tight lock and key. You'll have to come back to see.

But I can share with you this week's Sister in Stamping project. We have decided to take it back to the basics this week and just take a SIP. I know, you're saying, "Rachel, you have lost it, what are you even talking about?"  Well, I haven't lost my mind (not over that anyway). SIP stands for stamps, ink and paper. That's all we are using today. Nothing else.

Yes, you can still make great cards using the most basic of supplies. If you don't have a lot of time to get super creative or if you are a beginner these cards are perfect for you.


I used the Swirly Bird stamp set on this card. The key to making these cards is the layers and the look of layers. I added some interest by placing my cardstock layers on opposing angles. Also by adding the Flirty Flamingo swirl inside the Dapper Denim outline swirl it looks like more layers.

I didn't even use one dimensional on this card. (GASP!)  But it really didn't need it. I love how it turned out.  These would be good to make as a set of cards for a gift.

Now don't forget to check out the Sisters in Stamping blog for more great SIP projects

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment