Friday, October 14, 2016

Time to Copy

Hello Stamping Friends,

How are you today? Have you ever heard of CASE in the crafting world? I've heard two different meanings; copy and share everything or copy and steal everything. I prefer the the first definition of the acronym. Stealing just isn't very nice. So today with the Sisters in Stamping we are CASEing cards right from the Stampin' Up! catalog.

Now, my interpretation of CASEing my be a bit different than some others because I usually end up changing the layout a bit. Just need to add my own touch to kind of make it mine. I decided to use the card on page 29 of the Holiday catalog that uses the Jolly Friends stamp set for my inspiration. I didn't order that set but I loved the cards shown with the moose. I did however order the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set that has an adorable reindeer that I was able to swap in the moose's place. Here is the card from the Holiday catalog.


Very cute, isn't it?


And here is my take on the same card using a different stamp set and adding a banner for the greeting. See the similarities? But yet, I bet you can see how I still copied but added a touch of my own to my card, right? I added some basic pearls for the eyes after I colored them with a black permanent marker. It really adds so much to the card when you see it in person. The red nose is also on with a dimensional.

Don't forget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping for more card ideas that are CASEd right from the Stampin' Up! publications.


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment