Friday, October 21, 2016

Spooky Treat Time

Hello Stamping Friends,

It's almost that time for some spooky treats. And today at Sisters in Stamping we have the perfect treats for you to give your little goblins or the big goblins you may know as well. What's inside my treat may not be tolerable for the little one. No silly, it's nothing bad, just a little cinnamon-y. (Yep, that's a word)


So what do you think so far? I haven't made one of these in a really long time, but I always enjoy making them when I do. It's a sliding gum holder (well, that's the name I'm giving it anyway). It's best to buy gum that would be easily pulled up to get a piece out. You don't necessarily want a pack a gum that you would need to slide up, take out, open and then finally be able to get your piece of gum. That's just entirely too much work, right?


I used the Cookie Cutter Halloween set to make my treat, To add some extra texture to the mummy, I wrapped some baker's twine around his body. It looks so cute. I also used the Smokey Slate market to give a little more dimension to the lines on the mummy. Without those lines it just looks kind of boring. Kind of like it's waiting to be finished, that's why I went ahead and finished it.


And here's the moment you have been waiting for........ the gum sliding out. You wrap the ribbon around the pack of gum before you assemble the gum in the box you made to make a life a lot easier for yourself. Then just tie a know at the end of the gum package so it doesn't slip and slide too much.

To finish of the front I just cut out some little pumpkins from one of the sheets in the designer series paper pack. That's right, only one stamped image on this treat. Anyone can do it, I promise.  Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more great Halloween treat ideas.


Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment