Friday, July 8, 2016

Summertime, Summertime, Sum, Sum, Summertime!

Hello Stamping Friends,

Are you loving the summer weather. Here in NEPA, we have been having some hot, humid days. I'm not complaining either. It's great not having to be cold, so I am clearly enjoying every minute of it knowing that it will be gone before you know it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all 4 seasons, I'm just wishing winter here wasn't as long as it is.

Being that we are in the throws of summer, today's theme over at Sisters in Stamping is all about summer. I'm sharing with you a cute gift that I made for a class one of my groups held a few weeks ago. Nothing says summer like a cold glass of lemonade. I found these adorable jar/cups with straws in the lid at one of the big box stores and knew I wanted to make a fun gift. I decided the individual packets of lemonade were the perfect filler for this gift.


Cute, right? I love how this turned out. The tag is the perfect accent to write a small message in to let the recipient know your thoughts or reason for the gift. The fun aspect to the tag is that the jar opens so you can write the message inside the jar instead of just inside a regular tag.


Here's a close-up of the jar on the tag. I brayered the lemonade in the jar using the new sponge brayers and the daffodil delight stamp pad. I stamped the jar and the greeting with the archival basic black stamp pad. To get the ribbon around the jar don't forget to open the jar first (trust me on this one, I don't think I need to further explain why I know this, lol) I put a little bit of adhesive on the backside to keep the ribbon held in place. The cute little straw is the stem from the stamp set. I stamped it inside the jar of lemonade and then on a scrap of paper so I could have it coming out of the top of the jar. It's actually attached to the back side under the ribbon.


So, you want to know how I cut the jar to get it to open like this? Well, it is actually pretty easy to do. Cut your cardstock double the width you need. Stamp your image very close to the fold. Place your framelit over the stamped image on the magnetic plate. Here' the trick, when you put your clear plate over the framelit, DON'T put it over the edge of the framelit that is near the fold. If the framelit is NOT covered with the plate it will not cut the entire image out which will leave you with a jar tag that will open. Of course, you can do this with any framelit you want. Pretty neat, don't you think?

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping to see the great projects everyone else made for Summer. A great variety this week.

Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00

No comments:

Post a Comment