Friday, July 29, 2016

Friendship is the Spice of Life

Hello Stamping Friends,

It's Friday again. How does the time go so fast? I just don't understand it. I need time to slow down just a bit, especially because it's summer and I DO NOT want it to end any time soon. I do know that it will be over before we know it and before any of us want it to be, so with that in mind, I'm going to enjoy each and every moment that I can. I hope you do the same.

This week at Sisters in Stamping we are sharing projects that have a friendship theme. I have so many great people in my life that I call my friends. I thank God for each of them and the special part they each play in my life.

For my project, I created a potpourri sachet using one of Stampin' Up!'s envelopes. You know the potpourri envelopes you can find in stores that are relatively inexpensive? Yep, you take those and pretty up your own envelope to transfer the awesome smelly stuff into. These make great little gifts to give to friends, co-workers, neighbors to just let them know you are thinking about them. They aren't very difficult to make either.


For this card, I stamped the envelope with the background stamp, Writing Notes. I then stamped the friendship saying in between the lines and loved, loved how it looked like it was written on lined paper. I then just made a belly band to go around the envelope using the Fruit stand paper and embellished the front with the boot and gloves from the Gift from the Garden stamp set.

You can make a bunch of these to keep on hand or make them special at Christmas time using your favorite holiday scent of potpourri.

Don't forget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping blog to see more great friendship projects.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment