Friday, June 24, 2016

Hello There

Hello Stamping Friends,

Happy Friday to you. Any big plans for this weekend? I'm so excited to be having not one but two Stampin' Up! workshops this weekend. I love sharing great projects with my stamping friends. Tomorrow I'm doing a special class with the Jar of Love Bundle. Don't worry I'll share those projects with you soon. And Sunday I'm doing a workshop with a great group of ladies in Hawley who get together every month. Told you it was a great stamping weekend ahead.

This week at Sisters in Stamping we are sharing with you different projects made in the catalog using the different categories. I decided to share with you a card using a background stamp. Yep, the large pineapple on this card is considered a background stamp. I must say, "I LOVE IT." I can see this used for so many things, not just cards. It would make a great home decor piece. Stamp it a few times, cut pieces out and layer them together to make a 3D image and then put it in a shadowbox frame.


I also used the Pop of Paradise stamp set for the row of little pineapples that are on the white layer and the hello greeting. The really cool thing is I used the Playful Palette Designer series paper for the trim. Not what you would normally think but I love how the black polka dots pull it all together and really makes it pop.

To ink up the large pineapple, I actually use the pads and not markers. It's large enough that if you turn it over, you can see to ink the leaves green and the bottom the peekaboo peach. You may get a tad of overlapping but what pineapple doesn't have a little green near the stem? Of course, the pineapple and the little hello greeting at attached using my favorite things: dimensionals! 

Don't forget to visit Sisters in Stamping for more ideas from the other categories in the catalog. Thanks for stopping by. See you soon.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment