Friday, April 22, 2016

Flowers, Flowers, Flowers

Hello Stamping Friends,

Hope you are having a fantastic week and have the perfect plans (whatever that may be for you) this weekend. I have a busy but perfect weekend coming. It's the annual Spring Retreat tomorrow, which I always look forward to. Plus there's some soccer this weekend as well. I love watching Jonah and his team play but I always enjoy being with the parents (they have become family over the past several years) too.

This week the theme over at Sisters in Stamping is Flowers, Flowers, Flowers everywhere. It is that time of year when they are all starting to bloom. I love driving around seeing all the color and new life popping up outside in the Spring. Stampin' Up! has so many great flower stamp sets that it's difficult to choose just one and that's why we all end up with a lot of great flowers to create beautiful cards and gifts with.


I used the botanical garden framelits to make my card this week. The only stamping I did was the greeting. Seriously, how in the world did I create before we had the big shot? I'll never know that answer. Anyway, the base of my card is basic black. Then there is another layer of black that I embossed with the delicate dots folder (it is 1/4" smaller in size than the base). I then die cut a piece of whisper white cardstock using the vine framelit in the set. I set it down on a slight angle instead of straight up and down. Notice the bottom part is over farther to the left than the top. Then just diecut one of the larger flowers and three of the smaller ones. I also added a piece of whisper white cardstock to the inside of the card so you can write your message easily. Stick a pearl inside the center of each flower and you are finished. A perfectly simple, fun and elegant card.

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for even more great flower cards and projects. Remember to enjoy your weekend.


Product List
Big Shot
[113439]
$110.00



No comments:

Post a Comment