Friday, August 22, 2014

Project Life by Stampin' Up

Hello Stamping Friends,

The weekend is here. Any fun plans this weekend?  We are headed to the Street League Skateboard finals on Sunday. We have gone for the past 3 or 4 years, that kind of a makes it a summer tradition now, right? Noah loves skateboarding, so it is totally for him. Fun to see the excitement on his face, which makes it all worthwhile.  Here's one of Noah's senior pictures (taken by Oaktree Photography) on graffiti highway (an old, abandoned road that was destroyed by underground mine fires). Yes, we drove an hour and a half for pictures, but the pictures are certainly priceless.


Pretty awesome, isn't it? I'm going to have a tough time picking out pictures. They took hundreds of great pictures all over the place, local and far. Anyway, it's because of these pictures (well, because Noah is starting his senior year) that I have a renewed interested in memory keeping and Project Life by Stampin' Up! is to the rescue.

Sleeves with pockets, some cards, accessories and journaling pens will be my best friend this coming year as I complete a book for him. This week with Sisters in Stamping we are sharing with you some layouts using the Project Life by Stampin' Up! (PLxSU) with you. Once you make a page using this awesome system you will be in love with getting all your pictures in books. I've been printing pictures like crazy. (Something I haven't done in years, yes, that is a LOT of pictures to catch up on printing)

 
I put together a 6"x8" book for my trips with Stampin' Up! This layout is from Manager's Reception at our annual Leadership conference in Houston, TX from January. This book came together within an hour or two.
 
1. I first picked out all my pictures and put them in order.
2. Then I started slipping them into the pockets (some pictures were cut down to fit the smaller pockets)
3. Next, I slipped cards into each of the open pockets
4. Now I just need to embellish some of the cards and do my journaling. Which is easy for me to take on the go with me. All that I need is a small box containing the cards, accessories and pens and my book.
 
Really, it is that simple.
 
 
 
Here are the two pages separately. I'm in love with how easy memory keeping is now.
 
 
I will be offering a FREE class that you can come and make one 12"x12" page so you can try your hand at this amazing new memory keeping system. Watch for dates and times. You are not going to want to miss this one.

Don't forget to visit the Sisters in Stamping site to see more layouts.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment