Friday, June 27, 2014

My favorite Stamp Set

Hello Stamping Friends,

Happy Friday to you! It's a gorgeous day out there so be sure to get out and enjoy the sunshine and the beauty that God has given us.  Today is also Fabulous Friday and you know what that means, right? Yep, that's correct, a Sisters in Stamping challenge. This week we needed to make something using our favorite new stamp set from the catalog. I must admit, it's not an easy task to pick just one stamp set. I could have picked the top five and made a card with it but I'm sure that would have been quite an interesting card, to say the least. Too many different types of artwork to match up. lol

So I narrowed it down to one set. The set that I have gone to over and over since I've gotten it. Seriously have used it in several classes, workshops and even used it for a swap. It's the Traveler set. I love the images with this set and it works perfectly with the world map background stamp.

 
I just sponged the background with wild wasabi and marina mist ink using a sponge after stamping it in crumb cake. It was just randomly done. I'm sure if you look close enough, you will see water where land is and vice versa.  I love how the background looks like an enlarged version of the globe. Actually, look at the globe, that is Africa shown on it, right? Wonder if that was done on purpose by the artist. Things that make you go Hmmmmmm.
 
Don't forget to visit Sisters in Stamping to see the favorite sets of the other Sisters.

Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Just Sayin', Traveler, & World Map
Ink: Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi & Crumb Cake
Paper: Marina Mist, Wild Wasabit & Very Vanilla Cardstock
Accessories: Word Bubbles Framelits Dies, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponges
 

Remember I still have the special on. I'm getting closer and closer to reaching my goal but I still need a little help. Sale is now through Sunday. See post HERE for all the details. If you need anything please order by Sunday to help me. I would greatly appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment