Saturday, April 5, 2014

Fabulous Friday: A Day Late

Hello Stamping Friends,

Welcome to Fabulous Friday: A Day Late. That was my basic theme all week. I've had so much going on this week that I was late for many things because too many things overlapped. I worked at the school everyday this week (not so sure about the 5 day thing, after this week, lol), Jonah had soccer practice a few days, Noah had volleyball games three days, a birthday party,and then there was just the regular weekly things that I had to squeeze in. Needless to say, my mind was elsewhere when it came time to getting my blog post done for Fabulous Friday. I had my card done since Tuesday but I never got the chance to take the picture and get the post ready. I kept saying I need to do that. You can guess where that got me: no where. I remembered about 9am yesterday when I was getting ready to write the morning message for the kiddos in school. Yep, too late to do anything about it. Then I didn't get home until about midnight from all that was going on. So I apologize now. Hope you do like the card even if it is a day late.

The theme this week with Sisters in Stamping is Spring. All three of us have had it with the winter weather and decided we were going to welcome Spring any way we can. So Spring cards full of flowers and butterflies are in order.

 
So I decided to make a card that had colorful butterflies on it. Quick and easy when you use punches. I used the itty bitty butterfly punch and the 2013-2015 in color designer series paper stack to make this cheerful card. I love the saying on this card. I couldn't agree more, you can never have too much happy.

 
Here's a close-up of the butterflies for you as well. A small basic pearl is the perfect finishing touch. Also, notice around the edges of the butterflies, the cardstock is embossed with a line going around. I used the scoring tool on the paper cutter to make the embossed line. I scored a 1/2" on each of the four sides of the top layer of the card. Yes, there's two layers to this card. Naturals white on naturals white. The only adhesive I used for this card were dimensionals. There are dimensionals between the white layers and a half of a dimensional is behind each butterfly, as well.
 
Don't forget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping blog for more Spring ideas.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Yippee Skippee
Ink: Stampin' Write Markers 2013-2105 in color collection (coastal cabana and strawberry slush)
Paper: Naturals white cardstock and 2013-2015 in-color designer series paper stack
Accessories: Dimensionals, Basic Pearls, Itty Bitt Butterfly Punch, Scoring blade on paper cutter
 


No comments:

Post a Comment