Friday, April 18, 2014

A Little Last Minute Easter Treat

Hello Stamping Friends,

Today with the Sisters in Stamping we are sharing some sweet little last minute Easter treat ideas with you just in case you may need a little something in the next few days. I'm sharing with you something that I made for Jonah's class for Easter. These little treats came together rather quickly and I must admit that I absolutely love the way they turned out. Read on to see what's inside of them and how I created the sleeve.

 
It's a little treat holder using the scalloped tag topper punch to create a "sleeve" to wrap around the treat. I didn't send in a traditional Easter candy type treat. I used an 11" x 2" piece of cardstock to make my sleeve. I scored on each side of the cardstock at 5" to create 1" base to stand on. After I scored, I punched each side of the cardstock using the scalloped tag topper punch.

 
Here's the big reveal of what is inside. I know you may be scratching your head and asking what in the world is it? It's a personal little hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works. Yes, it seems like a little expensive for an Easter treat but it really wasn't that bad after they were on sale and a couple coupons to help the cause. They were just over $1 a piece. I don't think that's too bad for a little gift. Besides, this mom was sick of her kid being sick. After missing 6 days of school in one quarter, I came up with the idea of the hand sanitizer. I figured maybe the kids would be excited and use their hand sanitizer and stop spreading their "sick" little germs to each other. Who knows if it will work but Jonah passed them out yesterday and they loved them. Even the teacher thought it was a great idea.


I used the Eggstra Spectacular set in the 2014 Occasions Catalog. Isn't the little lamb so cute?  Honestly, these came together pretty quickly. I was surprised at how sweet they turned out with how easy they were. A large background stamp, some punches, a few stamps and some great designer series paper completes the project. The hand sanitizer and holder are placed in a small cello bag and then I used sticky strip to attach it to the tag sleeve.

 
Here's the lot of them for Jonah's class. I used the retired distressed dots background stamp on his tag sleeve (the first one above uses the chevron background stamp) just because I love dots.


Here's a close-up of one of them. So sweet.
 
Happy Easter!

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more small treat Easter ideas.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Eggstra Spectacular, Positively Chevron & Distressed Dots (retired) Background Stamps
Ink: Coastal Cabana, & Black Staz-on & Stampin' Write Markers (Mellon Mambo, Blushing Bride, & Tempting Turquoise)
Paper: Coastal Cabana & Whisper White Cardstock, and Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack
Other Accessories: 1 3/4" circle punch, 2" scallop circle punch, paper snips, snail adhesive, sticky strip, scallop tag topper punch, spare piece of ribbon to tie both sides of the sleeve together


No comments:

Post a Comment