Friday, March 7, 2014

Great Big Shot Accessories

Hello Stamping Friends,

Yes, I know, I have been MIA lately and I certainly apologize for that. I missed Fabulous Friday last week. The first one I've missed ever since we began, but I was in no shape to get off the couch and create.  I came down with the flu last Wednesday. High fevers, chills, sweats, body aches and really, really tired. That's the story of my days for the past week. I even called in sick to school two days. You know it's bad when the substitute calls in sick. I'm happy to say that I'm feeling much better now, still not quite 100% but I'm getting there.

So now I'm back and ready to share with you for this week's Fabulous Friday posting with the Sisters in Stamping.  This week our focus was to create using the new big shot accessories found in the Occasions catalog.

I will be honest, I held off on getting the Hexagon Hive Thinlit because I wasn't sure I would use it very much. Well, that was until I started to see all the awesome cards made using it. Then the deal breaker for me was when I saw the soccer ball. My youngest, Jonah, plays soccer and loves it. We have him being trained by a coach that has played all over the world and even coached a semi-pro team. He has greatly improved his footwork in the two short months that he's been training with him. It so nice to watch him learn and grow in his sport. So, of course, I NEEDED to have the thinlit once I knew I could make soccer cards.

I'll be making these for the coach's helpers and of course the coach will get one too.

 
I even snuck in the lots of dots embossing folder from the Sale-a-bration brochure because I thought it would be the perfect touch for the "dirt" on the bottom of the card.  Love, love, love the fringe scissors to make grass. I'm in the process of planning a class focusing on all the great things you can do with the fringe scissors in April, so be watching for that schedule.

 
It really was an easy card to put together. I die cut the hexagon hive from basic black cardstock and then mounted it onto white cardstock. I then used the 2 1/2" circle punch to make the ball. I just centered the punch over the area of the cardstock that I thought would look good as a soccer ball. A couple of snips across some wild wasabi cardstock and wha-la, I had grass.

I tied some baker's twine around the grass/dirt pieces of cardstock and it really brought the whole card together.  I stamped yippee-skippee in wild wasabi on a scrap of cardstock and made a banner out of it. As always, there are dimensionals on the card, the soccer ball is attached with them.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Yippee Skippee
Ink: Wild Wasabi
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Pool Party, Soft Suede, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die, Lots of Dots Embossing Folder, White Linen Thread, Fringe Scissors, 2 1/2" circle punch, snail adhesive, big shot, dimensionals.


No comments:

Post a Comment