Friday, June 28, 2013

A Little Red, White & Blue for You

Hello Stamping Friends,

It's been a bit of a crazy, busy time here at the Yurkanin home.  We had some house guests for 2 weeks. We loved having my brother, his wife, and children visit us for a week and then they found out their house wouldn't be ready when anticipated (he's in the army and was relocating). So they got to stay with us another week. We enjoyed having them here and just wish they lived closer so we can see them more.  They left last Friday and then on Monday we began demolition in our kitchen and foyer. New tile, new cabinets, new countertop and everything else new that comes with changing that stuff out. So needless to say, I've been busy cleaning, packing and picking things out.

Then today, the contractor was tearing out the soffit in the kitchen (good riddance) and we find plumbing for the two upstairs bathrooms that needs to be relocated because it was hidden by the one area of the soffit. Yes, I had a meltdown at this point.  I just cried. I felt defeated. I felt guilty (for making the contractor have more work). I felt frustrated. I felt angry at the builders (whom I've never met, our house was 7 years old when we bought it) for being lazy and just putting it there instead of where it should have really gone.  And some other feelings were mixed in there too. 

So, if you were wondering what happened to the Fabulous Friday posting at Noon, well there you have it, that's what happened.  Once I got over my bump in the road (I know, it's totally expected during remodeling) I was ready to face the red, white and blue challenge for the Sisters in Stamping's post for today.  I had it all worked out in my head I just needed to make it come to life. Hope you think it was worth the wait.  I love how it turned out.

 
A little red, white and blue "firecracker" candy holder. I just covered a recycled can with the Polka Dot Parade designer series paper and stamped and embossed some stars to accent the can.

 
I also added a rhinestone to the center of each star to make it sparkle. You can see on the top small star the embossing. I clear embossed them so I had the star pattern there but didn't loose the polka dot look of the paper.

 
I also snipped across the whole top of the red paper so that I could curl it over and make it look more like a firecracker. Fill with some kisses and this would be the perfect hostess gift for that 4th of July party you're going to or just to keep on your own table or counter to be a little festive for the holiday.  I also think a set of three (maybe different heights, too) would be good tied together for those plastic forks, spoons and knives for any barbeques you would have.
 
So what do you think? Worth the delay?
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Simply Stars
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Polka Dot Parade
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat gun, Paper Snips, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, Basic Rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment