Friday, April 5, 2013

Re-Inkers????? Just what are they for?

Hello Stamping Friends,
 
Hope you are enjoying these warmer temps (I know, it's not that warm but it sure beats the 30's). I personally can't wait until next week when we hit 70 here.  It's taken way to long to get here but that's okay, I'm going to enjoy every bit of it.
 
I know you are anxious to know more about that title, huh?  Well, this week at Sisters in Stamping we needed to use re-inkers for a technique (and no, making your pad juicy wasn't a technique).  I decided to use the "Smoosh" technique for my card. Keep scrolling because I have more pictures for you so you will understand it a little better. I know I am a visual person and I always understand better by "looking at the pictures" rather than just "read the words."
 
 
So what do you think? This is the finished card. Pretty neat effect, isn't it?


 
So you begin by cutting open a page protector (or you can use window sheets). Keep one side together so both sides are attached. Makes it a little easier to work with.  Place dots of each color of re-inker on one side of the page protector.
 
Close the page protector and "smoosh" the colors together and around.  You then open it up (some of the ink will "recede" but that's okay) place the glossy cardstock down on the ink and press it down to make sure you spread the ink around.

 
The next few pictures show how different each one will turn out.  I didn't use any more ink with these. I did four different  1/4 sheets of glossy cardstock to see which one I liked best and to show you that you can do quite a few from just one set of re-inker drops.


 
My husband actually asked me why I was making ink spots? Funny guy, right?  I then asked him what he saw. Yes, I give it right back to him. Guess that's being together for 20 years.


 
Just another one. 

 
This was actually the first one, that's why it's so dark. So I guess the lesson here is that you might want to use a scrap piece of paper for the first "ink spot" paper and then move to use glossy cardstock.  It really is a fun technique because it's fun to see how different each one it going to turn out.

 
And finally, here's a close-up of the one I decided I liked best for this card. I stamped the trees using black Staz-on ink and then used the labels framelits to cut it out.  Also, on the wood grain embossed cardstock, I sponged sahara sand ink to give it a little more definition.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree
Ink: Sahara Sand Classic Ink, Black Staz-on, Re-inkers: Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, & Island Indigo
Paper: Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Sahara Sand and Glossy Cardstock
Accessories: Big Shot, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Labels Framelits, Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Stampin' Sponge, 7/16" Natural Trim Ribbon, Basics Designer Buttons
 

No comments:

Post a Comment