Friday, December 7, 2012

Quick & Easy Gifts

Hello Stamping Friends,
 
Sorry I didn't stop by yesterday to say hello and give you some inspiration. Life has beena little hectic here. I've been subbing a whole lot (which is a good thing) and then I have had a lot of stamping events (another good thing) but I just think it's catching up to me. I think I'm like one of the kids and am really looking forward to Christmas vacation. No alarms, no places to be, just home and relax.
 
No time for relaxing now. I have to finish this post and get ready for school. This week at Sisters in Stamping we are showcasing projects that are quick and easy gifts you can make for this holiday season.  I altered a plain old boring clipboard using our designer paper and some mod podge and spruced up a pen so that it would match. I think these would make wonderful teacher gifts.  You can personalize it according to the teacher (or any other person's) interests or likes. 
 
 
I mean really who wouldn't love to receive one of these. I love the fact that our designer series paper packs make creating so easy. I didn't have to go anywhere but one pack of paper to find three coordinating designs to complete this clipboard. And it looks great (a little Tony the tiger coming out in me, lol)!
 
My paper pieces are 6" x 9"(two different pieces) and then 1 1/2" x 9" for the middle piece. Just know the measurements of your clip board and then you alter your paper measurements accordingly.

 
Here's a close up of the pen. Just cut a pieces of designer series paper to 1" x 3 1/4", take the inside of the pen out and roll the paper around the ink. Insert back into pen case and you are FINISHED. Easy peasy, right?

 
Just another view of the pen, a little further away.
 
Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more gift inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment