Friday, October 5, 2012

Trick or Treat?

Hello Stamping Friends,

It's Friday! And you know what that means, right? Yep, it's time for the Sisters in Stamping to share with you another Fabulous Friday post.  This week we decided to share with you some Halloween treat ideas.  You won't want to miss the other sisters projects so be sure to head over there when you're finished here.

 
Can you figure out how I made this adorable little box?  Which big shot die did I use in a new and different way to create it?
 
 
Still puzzled?  Okay, I'll share it with you. I used the petite purse die to make this cutie. Yes, really, it is the purse die upside down with the bottom cut down the middle to make the little flaps that fold over. And an extra little score line to the lid of the purse to make it flat.
 
I love using things in new ways. This little trick I learned at Stampin' Up!'s convention in July. I've been meaning to make one and today's challenge was perfect for it.

 
Here's a side view of the box.  Look how cute the box is filled. See those tiny strips of paper?  I made my own box filler by cutting a part of a sheet of DSP into very thin strips and then I crumpled them up a bit to look like that paper filler you'd buy in the store. I also used the same paper from that pack to cover the little chocolates to add even more pizzazz to my little treat.
 
Also to hold the little scallop onto the project I used the about half of the handle from the purse. It's attached to the inside of the box and then the scallop is attached to the top.
 
Do you love this project? It is one of the projects we will be making at my Halloween Treat class on October 13. There's still time to register to join me for this class. Just let me know.
 
Don't forget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping blog for more great treat ideas.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Wicked Cool & Googly Ghouls
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Basic Gray & Whisper White Cardstock & Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper
Accessories: 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Scallop circle punch, scallop edge punch, big shot, petite purse die, stripes embossing folder, dimensionals, sticky strip
 

No comments:

Post a Comment