Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Lollipop, Anyone?

Hello Stamping Friends,

Hope you are having a great week so far.  I know the weather is a little cooler now but by the end of the week some warm temps are coming back. I know I love the fall but dislike the cooler weather because it usually (okay, always) means that winter is going to sneak around that corner at a moment's notice. And I'm never quite ready for winter.

Today's card share is a card I made for my nephew's 5th birthday. My sister was planning his party for month's. It was a very nice party with an awesome candy theme. The candy bar was full of yummy sweet treats, the kids even made gumball machines from glass bowls and clay pots while at the party. So I decided I needed to go with the candy theme for his birthday card and made a paper lollipop for the main image of his card.
 
The orchard harvest designer sereis paper to make the lollipop.  The rest of the card colors were determined thanks to the paper. Love, love, love how designer paper makes my life easier. My sister even loved the card because this lollipop wouldn't affect Cayden's teeth. (Funny side note, yes she had a huge candy bar set out that the kids got to fill a bag to take home but each of the kids were also given a toothbrush, only my sister!)
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: You're Amazing
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Island Indigo, Very Vanilla, Lucky Limeade, More Mustard
Accessories: Big Shot, Argyle embossing folder, apothecary framelits, neutral brads, 1/16" hole punch, Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, Simply Scored, 1 1/4" Scallop Punch, 1" circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, sticky strip, wooden skewer (non Stampin' Up)
 
Don't forget there are only 3 more days left to get the Howl-o-ween Bundle for FREE with your new demonstrator starter kit. $185 in product for JUST $99 and tax.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment