Friday, September 7, 2012

Autumn is in the Air

Hello Stamping Friends,

It's that time of the week again, Fabulous Friday. I simply can not believe how fast time goes by any more. You know it's bad when the boys (age 15 and 8) say that time is going by fast. I remember as a kid that time seemed to stand still. Summers lasted forever for me but my boys have said that this summer went so fast. Yikes! We need to learn how to slow down a bit.

Anyway, this week at Sisters in Stamping, we are focusing on Autumn ideas.  Before we know it the leaves here will be changing colors and falling off the trees and pumpkins and mums will be decorating porches.  I do love the fall season because of all the fun of decorating in the fall colors but I dislike it because I know the LOOOONNNNNGGGGG winter will soon be upon us.

 
I love, love, love how this card turned out.  I hope you like it too.  It has such a natural, woodsy feeling, doesn't it? I used many great products from the Holiday catalog on this card. 

 
Here's a close-up of the leaves and acorn.  The leaves are die cut and then wrinkled. I then did direct to paper using the versamark pad. The ink sticks to some of the wrinkled parts of the leaves making them look even more realistic.  Then the acorn was cut in three different papers and paper pieced together to make it look more dimensional and realistic.
 
Stampin Supplies:
Stamps: None
Ink: Versamark Ink
Paper: Early Espresso, Sahara Sand, Garden Green, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, & Riding Hood Red Cardstock & Champagne Glimmer Paper
Accessories: 7/8" Cotton Natural Ribbon, Woodgrain Textured Impressions Folder, Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Gold Stampin' Dazzle Maker (outlined the acorn) Dimensionals, & Snail Adhesive
 
Don't forget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping blog for more Autumn ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment