Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Angry Birds

Hello stamping friends,

I sure hope you are enjoying this new schedule of stamping blog posts.  I am enjoying doing them and really hope to continue bringing you them on a regular (almost daily) basis.

This card was made for my daughter's sister in law. She was having an angry bird themed birthday party for her son's 7th birthday party and asked if I could make invitations that would work with her theme.  Of course, I could, I just had to search some punch art to see how to do it.  This is the invite I came up with. She loved it. What do you think?

 
I made 20 of these guys for her. I typed in Word all the information and printed it off so no one had to write out the information.  I used a stamping sponge to make the background look like the sky.  Couldn't just have the bird on plain white cardstock. Also, the bottom piece is snipped all across the top edge to make "grass"  Honestly, I don't get the whole angry bird thing (never played the game) but I know it is very popular with kids and adults.

 
Here is a top view of the card so you can see the unique fold. It is a z-fold card, you can't really see that on the first picture.  I must say I was pretty happy with this finished card. I was even happier that Fernanda loved them and was excited to get them out to her guests.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: None
Ink: Bashful Blue
Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Crumb cake, & Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Modern Label punch, 1/2" circle punch, 1" circle punch, 2 1/2" circle punch, 1" square punch, blossom petals builder, paper snips, dimensionals and snail adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment