Thursday, August 30, 2012

Love, it's all About Love

Hello Stamping Friends,

Hope you are finding yourself having a great week. Today I'm putting all the finishing touches on this month's Stamp a Stash class that is tonight.  I love getting ready for this class. If you come you get to make 12 cards (3 different designs and 4 of each design) so you go home with quite a stash ready to send out to your friends and family.  You should really plan on coming (call me if you want to come tonight). I hold this class on the last Thursday of the month (sometimes that changes due to holidays so check my schedule on my website).

Today's project is a continuation of the Daydream Medallion parade of convention display samples.  This one is the scrapbook page I made using our Mother's Day photo. It is a tradition we have been doing since Noah was born (well actually, I think since he was one because he was only a few weeks for my first Mother's Day). We had so much fun getting these pictures taken, the boys even smiled. Boy, is that quite a feat, ask my sister-in-law, the photographer.

 
I used our outfits to pick the color for the layout, Calypso Coral.  I really love the pop of orange in the picture. I decided to use Crumb cake as the other main color because of the woodsy background in our picture.

 
Here's a close up of the flower. It's huge. The largest framelit in the Floral Frames is awesomely huge. I love it.  I stamped four of the images from Daydream Medallions in calypso coral onto crumb cake cardstock and then used the framelits to cut them out. Love how the framelits make life easier with less cutting. The pearls were a perfect touch to finish off the flower.
 
 
And here's a close up of the title love and the journaling section. Notice the little flower's center is a brad with a string of basic pearls around it. Also, I used one of the smallest stamp to make a background for this page.
 
Stamping Supplies:
Stamps: Daydream Medallion, Morning Post Alphabet & Daydream Wheel
Ink: Calypso Coral
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Calyspo Coral
Accessories: Big Shot, Floral Frames Framelits, Paper Snips, Dimensionals, In Color Brads, Basic Pearls, Jumbo Wheel Handle, Snail Adhesive
 

No comments:

Post a Comment