Friday, April 22, 2011

More flowers are bloomin'

If you read the Sisters in Stamping blog we originally said we were going to take this week off for the Easter Holiday but we just couldn't stay away.  : )    We decided to give you one last look at the Occasions Mini Catalog.  Remember it is ending next Saturday, April 30, 2011.  So if there is something in there that you just need to have give me a call and I'll get it ordered right away for you.


Isn't this flower just gorgeous?  I love the Fun Flowers die.  I have used it so much. I'm even using it for Brittney's Bridal shower favors (you'll see those after the shower). I used the Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper for my starting point.  Blue usually isn't my color but I must admit that I am loving Baja Breeze.  Not even sure where that's coming from. If you know me well enough you know that I am a green kinda gal but this Baja Breeze has taken a fond second.

For the flower, I embossed the three layers using the Perfect Polka Dot impressions folder.  I love the added dimension it gives the flower.  There are dimensionals between each layer to make the flower come to life.  For the leaves of the flower, I just cut an extra large flower in always artichoke while cutting the baja breeze cardstock.  I used 3 petals from the flower to make leaves.

This is a card that is pretty simple to make but gives you a lot of bang for your buck. It just took a few minutes to make really.  It is a little bulky to mail but just think of how happy the recipient will be when they open it up.

Don't forget to jump over to the Sisters in Stamping blog for other last minute Occasions Mini Catalog ideas.

List of Products Used:
Big Shot
Fun Flowers Bigz L Die
Perfect Polka Dots Impression Folder
Very Vanilla Cardstock
Baja Breeze Cardstock
Always Artichoke Cardstock
Springtime Vintage Designers Series Paper
Always Artichoke Classic Ink
Occasional Quotes Stamp Set
Eyelet Border Punch
Basic Pearls
Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment