Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pretty in Pink Valentine

 Here's a little Valentine that I just love.  I used the petal cone die to make this pocket heart card. I came up with this idea all by myself, although I have since seen several other versions, so just goes to show great minds think alike.


I cut two pieces from the petal cone die and embossed the pieces using the vintage wallpaper embossing folder.  I then spritzed them with some shimmer spritz that I made using the shimmer paint and alcohol.  So it's very shimmery in person.  I ruffled the ribbon between the two pieces and it is attached with sticky strip.  Then notice the white cardstock sticking out.  I traced the heart shape of the one die cut onto white cardstock and then cut slightly inside the line so it fits nicely in the pouch.  This is where you would write your Valentine a special message.


Here's a close up of the banner and hearts (I Heart Hearts set) on the front.  I love how the banner is cut from the same die as the rest of the petal cone.  I stamped and cut a couple hearts in pretty in pink, pink pirourette, and melon mambo.  Attached to the front with dimensionals.  I added some brads to the sides of the banner but they are not used to attach it to the heart itself.  I used dimensionals on the back of the banner to attach it.

Come back over the next few days for a few other Valentine ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment