Friday, January 21, 2011

Sale-a-bration is Around the Corner

It's so close, I can hardly wait.  I love this time of year.  The excitement and enthusiasm for Stampin' Up! is on such a high that it is extremely contagious so BEWARE!  You will fall for all the excitement. I did 10 years ago and that's when I decided I NEEEDED to become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. 

This week at Sisters in Stamping we decided to give you a sneak peak (Sale-a-bration begins 1/25/11) at some of the things you can get FREE with a $50 order (before shipping and tax) during Sale-a-bration.

I'm sharing with you another card that I used for swapping at last week's Leadership Conference in Nashville, TN.  It was a great time and I will share more of that with you in the next few days (sorry didn't share all week long but I brought home a special visitor, named, the FLU. Needless, to say I was down and out for the past 4 days.  Finally feeling a more like myself today.  Still a little weak but certainly on the mend.


This card uses the Bliss stamp set from this year's Sale-a-bration mini catalog. I used Basic Gray, Regal Rose and Whisper White for my colors.  The background is stamped in basic gray by repeatedly stamping the scrolly, stencil type image (how's that for an exact discription?)  The butterflies are stamped in regal rose on whisper white cardstock, cut out and attached with dimensionals.  The regal rose strip is cut into a "v" at the end to make it look like ribbon.  There's 2 tiny little pearls attached on that piece and then the greeting is stamped in Basic Gray on whisper white, punched out (large oval) and layered on regal rose (scallop oval) and basic gray (wide oval) punched pieces.

I need to let you in on a little secret and give credit where credit is due.  I designed this card, stamped the butterflies, cut the layers to the sizes they needed to be and then passed it off to my sister, Roxanne, to finish them for me.  She was happy to help until she started cutting those butterflies out.  At first she was thinking 96 butterflies to cut out (that's how many cards I cut cardstock for) and then about halfway through cutting she realized there were 192 butterflies because there were 2 on every card.  And then she still finished them for me.  Don't worry she is being compensated for helping me with some awesome Stampin' Up! products that are on her wishlist.

At leadership, many compliments were handed out about the card, so obviously, Roxanne and I work well completing projects together.

Remember, if you want to see some more ideas using Sale-a-bration items, head over to Sisters in Stamping.  Next Friday, we will be sharing our favorite Occasions Mini Catalog stamp sets with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment