Friday, January 28, 2011

Occasions Favorite??? You mean one???

Hello and welcome to this week's Sisters in Stamping blog posting.  We thought we would share with you each of our favorite stamp sets from the Occasions Mini catalog.  Now that sounds a whole lot easier than it really is.  Have you seen the Occasions Mini Catalog?  There are a ton of great sets in there.  I must admit I will have a different favorite one every week from now until the end of April (when the catalog ends).  Which is good for you because then you will get to see most of the used in a way different from what is shown in the catalog.

Remember if you don't have your copy yet, let me know so I can get it out to you. You won't want to miss out on this one.  Plus, it's Sale-a-bration right now.  Remember, purchase $50 of product from the Occasions mini or any current Stampin' Up! catalog (before shipping and tax) and you will be able to select one items from the Sale-a-bration brochure for absolutely FREE.  Can't beat FREE!!!

So without further a do, I bring you this week's favorite Occasions mini catalog set....... Nautre Walk.


I picked this set at first because it was a little out of my "norm" and I wanted to challenge myself.  Well, after I made this card, I decided that I really LOVED the set.  And I'm not normally a "blue" person either but I'm thrilled with the finished look of this card.

I think it's a great card for any Occasion.  Whether you just want to let someone know you are thinking of them, you need a thank you or birthday card, or you need to send a sympathy card this card will do the trick.  It's so versatile.

I used Marina Mist and Very Vanilla cardstock.  I used real red and old olive stampin' write markers.  As far as ink pads, the marina mist and creamy caramel.  I also used the great new frame embossing folder called Tulip Frame.  Of course, the bird is stamped in marina mist, cut out and attached with none other but dimensionals. For me, what truly finished the card was the "ruffled" ribbon and the build a brad. It really brought the whole thing together.

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to go to Sisters in Stamping to see the other sisters favorite sets.  And stay tuned...... next week, Simply Adorned will win your hearts over.

No comments:

Post a Comment