Friday, October 1, 2010

Time to Party

This week at Sisters in Stamping we were challenged to use the Candy Wrapper Die which can be found in the holiday mini catalog.  It is such a neat little box to hold some candy for a quick party favor.



I decided to use Stampin' Up!'s thick window sheets for the base of my party favor.  I wanted you to see what's inside. Can you tell I don't like surprises too much?  LOL

I went with a Halloween theme for my candy wrapper.  I used Black Stazon to stamp the Bats from the Wicked Cool stamp set all over the window sheet.  After they dried, I ran the window sheet through the Big Shot using the Spider Web embossing folder also found in the Holiday mini catalog.  You must emboss prior to cutting the box out because if you cut first and then emboss, you will loose all your score lines that the cutting die put in there for you.


Here's a view of the end. I finished it off with some pumpkin pie 1/8" taffeta ribbon and the great new black lace from the Holiday Mini Catalog.  My little box is filled with Reese pieces. They are the perfect Halloween colors.


Here's a close up view of the embossed window sheet.  Hope you enjoyed this week's project. Remember to head over to the Sisters in Stamping for more Candy Wrapper Die inspiration. 

Just a side note: Tomorrow I will be presenting a Workshop Wow at Stampin' Up!'s regional seminar in Baltimore. I'm so excited to be given this opportunity. Come back tomorrow to see the card I made for my swaps. And come back Monday to see what I presented.

Have a fantastic weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment