Saturday, October 2, 2010

Time to Catch some Air

Today's post is my swap card that I made for Stampin' Up!'s regional seminar that is being held today in Baltimore, Maryland.  I love going to Stampin' Up! events throughout the year for a variety of reasons.  I get to see friends from across the country. I gain tons of stamping inspiration. I make new stmaping friends. And I get to SWAP.  So I needed to get busy and make some swap cards. This was a second thought because I'm also presenting a Workshop Wow at the event and I NEEDED to get those things done first. (Come back on Monday to see what I did).

So after I had some time to catch some air I had to get busy with swaps.  I decided on the skater dude because that's how I felt. I was passing through the air with all the excitement for the upcoming regional. I also picked it because my son, Noah, loves skateboarding. Him and Daddy even built a half pipe in our yard this summer so he could skate even more.



I used Not quite Navy, Pear Pizzazz and Peach Parfait for this card.  I also used the extreme elements stamp set to make the background.  I really like the geometric shapes of cardstock for the top layer. Never did it before but I think it is perfect for this card.  I usually have a difficult time making boy/masculine cards (I know, I shouldn't, I do have two sons) but this one came together pretty quickly for me and I actually like it. So does Noah. Which counts for something coming from a 13 year old.

Be sure to come back Monday to see what I presented. 

I still have workshop dates open for October and November so pick a date and I'll show you some great ideas that I learned at the seminar.



Here's my Noah catching some air of his own.  I know there's no head so that's why I also included the photo below. Notice Noah's move, an Ollie, is the same one as the skater on my card.


Have a great weekend.  See you back here on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment