Friday, October 15, 2010

Fabulous Halloween Friday

Here we are at Friday again.  I really don't know what happens to the days in between Friday and Friday.  They seem to slip right by me.  It's pretty bad because even my 6 year old says that time goes too fast.  When I was that age (go ahead, roll the eyes) time seemed to stand still.  Life is so busy that even the kids are feeling it.

Anyway, on to stamping, the reason you are really here.  Friday means another Fabulous Friday posting over at Sisters in Stamping.  This week we decided to stay with the Halloween theme and use a Halloween stamp set to create whatever our little hearts desired.

I was running short on time to make something new so I decided to showcase a card that I stamped at a recent shoebox swap I attended. I didn't desgin the card but I did stamp it all by myself. So that must count for something, right?

This card was designed by Linda Martinelli.  I always love her designs.  So thank you Linda for designing such a great card that I got to stamp and now I can show.  The card uses the Dark and Dreary Stamp set from the Holiday mini catalog and the Wicked Cool set from the 2010-2011 Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog. 

The base of the card is basic black and the orange striped strip on the  edge is from Wicked Fun Specialty Paper.  The main stamped image is on very vanilla cardstock.  First you stamp the spider web with versamark ink and emboss it with clear embossing powder.  Them you sponge ink all over the cardstock.  You will then need to wipe off the excess ink from the spider webs.  They resist the ink and that's how they stay vanilla in color.  Then you stamp the Happy Halloween fence image in black in the center.  Using markers color in the words and the number 31 and the bushes.

Use the Ticket Corner punch on all 4 corners of that cardstock.  Then spritz some suede ink all over it using the color spritzer and soft suede marker.  Then you sponge the edges of that paper with Cajun Craze cardstock. After that you layer that onto Cajun Craze cardstock that has the edges distressed using the cutter tool.  Place a black brad in each corner (where the opening is from the ticket corner) and attach that to the base with dimensionals.  To finish the card off place a small knot of the black lace from the mini catalog over the corner of the man stamped image.

Hope you enjoyed this card as much as I did.  It's not my usual style and that's probably why I love it so much.  Something new.  Thanks, Linda.   Also, remember to head over to Sisters in Stamping to see some more great Halloween ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment