Friday, September 4, 2009

First Fabulous Friday

Hello Stamping Friends,

I'm so excited to announce a new blog that I am a part of. It's the Sisters In Stamping Blog. I met the three wonderful ladies at Stampin' Up!'s National Convention this year and was honored when they asked me to be a part of the design team. We are going to focus on different Stampin' Up! stamps sets and products each Friday. Be sure to check out the blog and subscribe so you won't miss out on any fabulous projects. We each have shared a little about ourselves over the past few days, so be sure to read the introductions so you can get to know each of us.

This is the first week and we decided to focus on the Build a Bear Product line from the Occasions Mini Catalog. I bought a few of the Big Shot dies from that line and this is the card I came up with for this challenge. I am absolutely pleased with the results. So much so that I am going to be giving this card (don't worry, I'll have to make another for me to keep) to Jonah's kindergarten teacher on the first day of school, next Tuesday as a looking forward to working together for Jonah this year. Doesn't it just scream grade school?

I personally am very excited about the Build a Bear (BAB) line because my kids love to make the bears when we are away. Plus there are so many possibilities on what can be done with them. For example, think, birthday parties and magnet dress up bears to name a few. Great teaching tool for younger children by focusing on certain colors and counting. Hours and hours of fun for all ages. Here's the best part of all, this product line will carry over to the new catalog next year as well. Since I heard that news, I can't wait to get the rest of the Big Shot dies that go along with the line. There are Halloween and Christmas dies as well. They are the next ones I'm getting, definitely.

Remember to hope on over to the Sisters In Stamping Blog to see 3 more ideas using the Build a Bear stamps, dies, and paper.

Ingredients:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, & Brilliant Blue
Ink: Creamy Caramel
Markers: Basic Black & Close to Cocoa
Big Shot Dies: Bigz Bear Die, Beary Essentials Bigz Die, & Beary Boy Sizzlits
Other: Dimensionals, Linen Thread, & Sponge Dauber

No comments:

Post a Comment