Monday, May 14, 2018

Stamper's Dozen Blog Hop


Hello Stamping Friends,

Welcome to another great blog hop with the Stamper's Dozen.  This month we were to complete a color challenge. The colors are marina mist, flirty flamingo and old olive.  Marinia mist and flirty flamingo are retiring colors, but lucky for us flirty flamingo is actually coming back with the color revamp. Woohoo. I like the colors but I wasn't too sure on what I would use, stamp-wise, to complete the task.  However, I am loving the end result. I hope you like it as much as I do.





My final decision was to use the Petal Palette stamp set (that will be returning in the June catalog). I saw pink flowers, green leaves and blue birds. Yep, that fits the color challenge just nicely. I decided to stamp in Smoky Slate so it was a softer outline for the flowers than how harsh black sometimes looks. I thought a soft look was perfect for this card.

I also stamped the dot image all over the the stamped flowers on the whisper white cardstock. But before stamping them, I stamped off on scratch paper so they were even lighter. It's pretty subtle but in person it's just the right touch.

The flirty flamingo cardstock is embossed with the 6x6 striped embossing folder. Adds the perfect amount of texture to the piece without overpowering the rest of the card.  I stamped an extra flower image and cut them out to raise it up on dimensionals (the ones under the bird). The bird is also cut out and attached with dimensionals. 

The thank you is stamped on a small strip of white cardstock and just tucked under the bird. I must say, I really love how this card turned out. It is one of the rare times that what I sketch on paper (that was in my head) actually turns out exactly how I expected using cardstock, ink and stamps. I didn't even alter my sketch. Pretty good I say.

Don't forget to keep on hopping. Great ideas await you.  Thanks for stopping by.



1 comment:

  1. I think your card turned out great too, Rachel! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete