Friday, September 1, 2017

Thanks a Latte for the Big Shot

Hello Stamping Friends,

TGIF! It's back to school week here for us and it has been a long week of getting used to the school routine again. Alarm clocks, lunches, clothes, soccer practice, and dinners make this chic just plain tired at the end of the day. I have also be subbing (since the first day) in a kindergarten/first grade music class since day one, which is adding to the tired. I haven't started school in the past when the kids go back. I usually have a few extra days before anyone needs a sub.

I feel so blessed for being asked to cover this class until the district hires the permanent music teacher (which won't be this girl because she doesn't have a music background). I have been researching, printing, laminating and acquainting myself with lots of music stuff so I'm ready and able to teach some fun classes to the little ones. So far it's been a lot of fun and all is going well. Now onto some stamping. It is why you came.

Welcome to another Fabulous Friday with the Sisters in Stamping. This week we are sharing with you some of our favorite big shot accessories. I absolutely love the big shot and don't know how I stamped for all those years without it. It's by far the most used tool I have. (And actually, I have 2 of them) Almost every card I create has something on it that used the big shot. Although, I do challenge myself every so often to create something without using it and I can still do it.


I used the Coffee Cafe stamp set and coordinating framelits for my card. I went away from the colors of the designer series paper and a more traditional coffee look by using some bright and fun colors. Of course, I used some Lemon Lime Twist (it is by far my favorite color) and Berry Burst for this card. There is an accent of Early Espresso (it is coffee, after all).

I also used the Lots of stars embossing folder to add some texture to background. It is such a fun starburst looking folder.

There is a lot of layering behind the coffee cup to add more visual appeal without filling up the entire background.  Hope you like it and it has inspired you. Change the colors, change the stamp set and you have an entirely different looking card. 

Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping to see more awesome projects that use the big shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment