Friday, August 7, 2015

Boys, Boys, Boys

Hello Stamping Friends,

You would think with having two sons and a husband that I would be great at making cards for the men in my life, right? Well, I'm here to tell you that is NOT true. I always struggle to put a card together that is just right. (That's the complete opposite with girly cards, I love them and they come together quite easily) However, this week over at Sisters in Stamping we have some great masculine cards that will be sure to inspire you to go and create some cards for the men in your life. So hurry over and check it out.


I picked the Traveler set because I love globes. I'm not sure why, but I have always thought they were really cool to look at and even refer to when you aren't quite sure where a particular country is. I was so excited when Jonah wanted one about 5 years ago. Of course, at that moment it wasn't so easy to find one that didn't cost a million dollars. 

For this card, I went for a black and white look to begin with. I really like how this card turned out. The little pop of color on the globe is the perfect accent to this card. This is a clean, straight line card that comes together because of the multiple layers. Of course, the corrugated white cardstock adds some great texture to the middle of the card front.

The edges of middle of the card (not the base) I softened by sponging some black ink on them. To color the globe, I used ink pads and blender pens. To do this, you need to squeeze your pad together (while it is closed), open it up and take the ink from the puddle on the lid of the pad using the blender pen.

I think this card would be great to give that special guy in your world for a new job,a graduation or perhaps even a teen that gets their license.  Now don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping to see more great masculine cards.

Product List
Blender Pens
[102845]
$10.00
Blender Pens
[102845]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment