Friday, December 6, 2013

Elegant Christmas Card

Hello Stamping Friends,

I'm sure you are in the throws of Christmas preparations at this time, I know it's a slow go here for me this year, but the decorations and shopping are slowing getting done. I know in the end it will all be finished and if I forgot something, no one will notice. Every year, I say I'm going to prepare more in advance but seriously, the time just sneaks up on me and boom, it's December. Time to plan Jonah's birthday and prepare for Christmas (both within a few days of each other) with everything else that goes on in regular life too.
Enough about that, on to today's Fabulous Friday posting with the Sisters in Stamping. This week we are sharing with you Christmas cards using some big shot accessory. I love, love, love the big shot. As if you didn't already realize this. I often don't think my project is finished until I die cut or emboss something using the big shot. I mean really, it just finishes it off nicely.

 
I selected the Calm Christmas set with some soft colors for my card today.  I think the dove is very pretty and very special because it reminds me of the flood in Noah's time. The dove was sent out of the ark and it came back with the olive branch, indicating to Noah and his family that the waters were receding and it was time for them to leave the ark. Also, makes me think of the rainbow and God's promise to us that he would never flood the entire earth again. God keeps his promises! God took care of Noah and his family during the flooding just like he said he would and he will keep his promise to us, that as long as we follow him, he will protect us. Truly marvelous, isn't it?
 
My wish for you is for you to have a wonderful Christmas, filled with joy and love.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Calm Christmas
Ink: Stampin Write Markers: Pool Party and Pear Pizzazz
Cardstock: Whisper White and Pool Party
Accessories: Big Shot, Frame Embossing folder, Pretty Petals Folder, Scallop Oval Punch, Paper Snips, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots, 1/8" Silver Ribbon
 
Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more Christmas Card ideas using the big shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment