Friday, July 26, 2013

Christmas in July

Hello stamping friends,

Today is Friday, again. Don't you just love Friday? There's something magical about it. Plus that means another challenge with the Sisters in Stamping. And today's challenge is a good one for you. You get to get a sneak peak at some Holiday Catalog product. 

I used the Winter Frost (and yes, it's as awesome as it sounds) Specialty Designer Series Paper as my starting point for this card. And if I don't say so myself, I think the card turned out pretty awesome. You can feel the frosty air by looking at this beauty.

 
Isn't it a pretty card?  The background behind the snowflake and greeting banner is the designer series paper cut into 5x 1 1/2" strips and then cut diagonally from top left to bottom right (or vice versa, it's up to you) and placed side by side with all the points meeting underneath the snowflake.

 
Here's a close-up of this card, so you can see that I glittered the snowflake and added a basic rhinestone to the middle. Definitely adds so much to the overall look.  Notice the greeting only says "JOY," well I only inked up that part of the stamp. The complete stamp actually says Joy to the World.
 
Of course, the snowflake and the greeting are attached to the card front using dimensionals. You know how I just can't help myself when it comes to those things. I simply love them! And that's no joke.
 
Don't forget to head over to the Sisters in Stamping blog to see more great ideas using the awesome products and stamps from the Holiday Catalog.  Did you get your copy already?  There have been sent out so if you haven't received one and would like your own copy, please send me an email and I will get it out to you right away.
 
Stamping Supplies Used:
Stamps: Joy to the World & Festive Flurry
Ink: Smoky Slate & Coastal Cabana
Paper: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay & Coastal Cabana Cardstock, & Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Big Shot, Festive Flurry Framelits, Paper Trimmer, Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals, Paper Snips, 2-Way Glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, & Basic Rhinestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment