Friday, August 31, 2012

School Days, School Day, Good Old Golden Rule Days

Hello Stamping Friends,
 
Welcome to another Fabulous Friday with the Sisters in Stamping.  This week's theme was Back to School teachers cards and or gifts.  Well I decided to be an over achiever and do both. (haha)  No really I couldn't do one without the other.  I hope you enjoy it, there will be a tutorial you can purchase later this week with complete step by step instructions on how to make this cute card holder and cards that go inside.
 
 
This is the closed fabric envelope holder.  It's a larger size so you can easily fit larger cards inside as well.  I think you can even fit a small jr. legal pad inside.  Just thought of that now so I'll have to try it and let you know how I make out. Isn't the Orchard Harvest Fabric the best?  I love the stripes and the gingham. It's right up my alley.

 
Here's the holder with the four I made to go inside.  I made 2 of each design.  I love the cards.

 
Here's card # 1.

 
And Card # 2.
 
What do you think?  Adorable, right?  What teacher wouldn't love an apple that is never going to over ripen on her desk?  Even if you don't have any children in school or teacher friends to give this cute set to, you can give to anyone because apples are definitely in season this time of year.  I can't wait for our local cider mill to open to go get some fresh apples and make some yummy pies.  The rest of the family can't wait for them to open just to have their apple cider (I don't like cider, but I do love their apple cider donuts, hmmmm, I can hardly wait for the warm, fresh donuts). 
 
Hope you have enjoyed this week's fabulous Friday post. Don't forget to head over to Sisters in Stamping for more great Back to School treats for your favorite teacher.


No comments:

Post a Comment