Friday, August 24, 2012

Just a Little Spritz (okay, I used a lot)

Hello Stamping Friends,

It's that time of the week again. Time for Fabulous Friday with the Sisters in Stamping. I just can't believe how fast time is going by. This is our last weekend of summer, the kiddos head to school bright and early on Monday morning. I can tell you this much, the Yurkanin boys (and Mommy too) aren't quite ready for that routine just yet.  Guess it doesn't matter much how we feel because ready or not Monday is quickly approaching.

Anyway, this week's theme with the sisters was to use a spritzer. In the Stampin' Up! 2012-2013 catalog there are several different types of spritzers. There's the color spritzer which uses Stampin' Write markers to "spray" your project. There's the Smooch Spritz which comes already to spritz your project and then there are the empty Spritzers that you can make your own shimmer spray or fill with water and spritz on your project or stamp to make the ink run a little giving it more of a watercolor look.

 
I used the empty Spritzer to make my own shimmer spray using Frost White Shimmer Paint and alcohol. I filled my bottle with about 3/4 alcohol and then I poured in a little shimmer paint. If you use more paint it will be a heavier coverage, less paint equals less coverage. So first I embossed the early espresso Core'dinations cardstock and then sanded it to show the core of the paper. Then I spritzed the paper using my homemade spritz.
 
I also used some other great products found in the totally awesome Holiday catalog. I still can not believe how much awesomeness is packed into those pages. If you still don't have your own copy please let me know so I can get one to you. You will NOT want to miss out on this one.
 
Stampin' Supplies Used:
Stamps: Blooming with Kindness
Ink: Stampin Write Markers in Baja Breeze and Early Espresso
Paper: Very Vanilla & Baja Breeze cardstock, Early Espresso Core'dinations cardstock
Accessories: Big Shot, Lacy Brocade Impressions Folder, Window Frames Collection Framelits, Stampin' Sanding System, Core'dinations Dust Buddy, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Stampin' Spritzer, Very Vanilla Seam Binding, Scallop Oval punch and Large Oval punch, dimensionals, and snail adhesive and alcohol
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment