Friday, July 6, 2012

Time to Grow Up

Today at Sisters in Stamping we are continuing our tour through the sections of the catalog.  This week our stop is the Growing Up section. There are so many cute sets from baby to teen.  I decided to go with a little boy card today because I know that is what I am most often asked to make and I always find it a little challenging. Go figure, I have 2 boys myself but I find boy cards challenging. 

I used the cute little set, I Dig You, which is great for little boys that are into the big Tonka type trucks. Oh heck, even for the little girls who like to play with them, too. I know growing up my sister loved to play with her Tonka trucks more than her dolls.


Isn't it a great "Dirt" day card? (Sorry, just couldn't resist the play on words from the set) I used four of the new 2012-2014 In Colors to create this card.  I also decided while making this card that I need to challenge myself to not use the big shot on a project. Gasp, I know!  It's really hard for me to not add some texture to everything I make now. Oh well, who wants plain cardstock when you can have nice textured cardstock? Not me, that's for sure!


I stamped the presents on a separate piece of cardstock and cut them out. They are attached to the top of the dump truck with a dimensional (like I needed to tell you that part). I really like the dimension on them and the fact that they are going "off" the top of the cardstock the truck is stamped on.

Don't forget to head on over to the Sisters in Stamping blog for even more great ideas using the stamps from the Growing Up section of the 2012-2013 catalog.

Stamping Supplies Used:

Stamps: I Dig You
Ink: Stampin' Write Markers (Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse & Gumball Green)
Cardstock: Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Gumball Green and Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Emobossing Folders (Stripes, Chevron, Houndstooth and Argyle), Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to come back and see what else I have in store for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment